The Baby Haven is looking for classroom volunteers to help in our Preschool, Toddler and Infant Rooms!
Basic Volunteer Responsibilities
- Volunteers play with, care for, and talk to children, offering them comfort, respect and support.
- Assist teachers in meeting children’s basic needs, providing children with positive and nurturing play experiences, and building trust and rapport with children.
- Assist Teachers with activities, clean-up and general maintenance of the childcare area.
- Volunteers do not change diapers or assist with toileting – woohoo!
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of the families in the Center.
- Classroom volunteers are present for at least one- 3 hour volunteer shift at minimum of 1 time per week for at least 3 months.
- Notify the center in advance when they will be absent or late for a shift.
- Have a lot of fun!
- All volunteers are screened, complete background checks, and are trained prior to volunteering in a classroom.
- Must be 18 or older
- Enthusiasm and some experience working with children
- Patience and compassion for children
- Solid communication skills
- Able to commit to at least one 3 hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Able to lift up to 20-30lbs
- Able to pass a background and fingerprint check (cost to be paid by volunteer-approximately $35)
- Complete the Volunteer Packet
Volunteer Shifts Available On – we are flexible with times and days:
- Preschool – Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays 9am-2pm (one of our greatest needs)
- Toddler – Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 8:30-4:00pm (also one of our greatest needs)
- Infants & Young Toddlers – Tuesdays 10:30-4pm, Thursdays and Fridays 9am-4pm
I’m Interested Sign Me up!
We are so thrilled you are looking into volunteer opportunities with the Baby Haven! Due to the nature of our programs, confidentiality and privacy are of the highest priority. All volunteers are required to complete the Volunteer Packet and pass background and fingerprint checks. Please email us at ARTS.BabyHaven@ucdenver.edu or call at 303-789-3518 to request a volunteer packet and schedule a phone interview.