Denver Psychoanalytic Society
The Denver Psychoanalytic Society is a multipurpose organization whose goals include advancing professional education, and sponsoring and disseminating the results of research in psychoanalysis and related disciplines. A great deal of our time, energy and resources are focused on outreach to the community at large in the form of education, consultation and clinical services.
Some of our activities have included:
- Scientific Programs offered monthly free of charge to the entire community
- Continuing Education for mental health professionals
- Special programs for parents, teachers, lawyers and doctors
- ProBono consultation with public and private school personnel
- The Denver Psychoanalytic Society Newsletter offered free of charge to the community
Contemporary psychoanalysts and psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapists study broad fields such as relational theory, attachment theory, systems theory, infant research, and child development – all having to do with how we become who we are and live our everyday lives. In addition, our members have a wide range of professional and personal interests, including research in a variety of psychological areas, as well as in pharmacology and neurobiology. Analytic therapists vary widely in their points of view and the style in which they work with their patients, making for lively discourse within the field, and for continuous improvement in therapeutic technique.